Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Sept 11-25



Sept 11th
This week was good!  We had a baptism on Saturday for Stephanie.  She is great and so prepared.  I loved getting to teach her the past 2 weeks that I have been here.  On Friday we took her to Temple Square and she loved it.  We took a tour of the "God's Plan for his Family" exhibit and it is great! You should see it if you come down here.  Then we walked around the Temple with her and her boyfriend as they have plans to get married in it in a year or so.  Then we went to the conference center and went to the top floor with the gardens and we got to look out at the temple and stuff with her.  

We have a baptism coming up this weekend too for Bradyn!  He is a great kid.  He is 9 and wants to get baptized.  

This week was good as well because we had a specialized training.  That was cool to go to and then also we get tomorrow to go to Ensign Peak and also this is the Place.  We have like a little mission field trip I guess but it’s all day!  It should be good.  

This coming week should be good!  I am excited for it and to go find some people to teach.  We are working on finding more people we have a few but we always could use more. 

Sept 18th
This week has been great!  We had a good week and also were able to teach a few new people.  We ended up not having a baptism for the little boy we were supposed to, his mom ended up having him wait to get baptized because she wants him to go to primary more.  We are going to hopefully have his baptism the 29th since next weekend is the Brigham City Temple dedication and we have no church to confirm him in.  

I am so thankful to be able to have grown up in the Gospel, each day we see people who haven't had the chance to learn about what I know and I don't know where I would be today without it.  This week during church a lady talked about her son who is on a mission and when she told a few of his stories it made me think about what I would be doing today without the Gospel in my life and how many missionaries it would take before I accepted the Gospel and was baptized or how many times I would tell the missionaries no that knocked at my door or if they would ever knock at my door.  I am very thankful for the opportunity that I have to share it with those around me and come to know the truth and the blessings that the Gospel brings into our lives each day that we take for granted.  

We also ate dinner at another family’s house that had a missionary in Germany or somewhere foreign like that and I am also so thankful that I am stateside on my mission.  I know that I wouldn't be as motivated to work as hard if all day we didn't do anything but tract, or if we taught 2 or 3 lessons a week.  Those weeks go by so slowly so I have so much respect for missionaries that can go out all day and do that without losing faith or getting discouraged really easily.  

Did I tell you a few weeks ago that I met the new General Relief Society President? That was when I was with Elder Wilson.  She told us that we had a glow about us.  What a compliment.  :)  That wasn't to be boastful or anything I just thought it was a nice compliment she gave us.

Get This!!!

We hopefully will start teaching this guy this week named Matorious Jinx.  He is a guy that lives in an extended stay hotel and goes out each day and sells magazines door to door!  He is trying to turn his life around and some lady was courageous enough to share the Gospel with him when he shared his story with her.  Because of it, she interested him in what she had to say about the church.  He gave her his address and his room number and sent a referral on Mormon.org.  She truly understands that missionary opportunities happen all day long and we have to be receptive enough to the spirit to look for them and talk about it.  I am so thankful for her and hope that he stays there long enough we can teach him and baptize him.

Sept 25th
This week has been great!! We have a baptism this weekend for Bradyn.  We are excited for it. He is the most ready 10 year old I have ever seen who wants to be baptized.  

We have found a few new people to teach this past week. Have found a little boy named TJ.  He is cool and wants to be baptized but his mom is kind of holding him back because she doesn't want to set a baptismal date because she feels like that’s too pushy.
We also found a lady who lives in an Extended Stay. We met with her after receiving this referral and asked her name and age and stuff and got to know her for a minute or 2 and then asked if she wanted to get baptized, she said yes and we invited her to prepare for the 20th of October.  She accepted.  We are going back today or tomorrow to teach her more.  
We also keep working hard with only the few people we have to teach.  I wish the missionaries had taken me out when I was still home.  I hope the new ones you have are good missionaries and obedient and are asking the youth to go out with them.  We get people to come with us to lessons and to just go find. We found that there is no better thing to get missionaries excited about missionary work other than bringing them with us to find new investigators.  We bring them tracting or following up on referrals.  It’s great. 

I am on 
lds.org and on the directory page. I think it’s funny how if you look at any other missionary in the stake, like Elder Knowles, you can click him and see a map of his mission and it is pretty big and includes 2 cities and you can see the ocean and stuff.  When you click me it shows me and my map. You can see each city and the freeway and a few major roads. Ha-ha and it’s sad to think that my mission is 5 miles by 5 miles. You can travel within it from any place to any other place within 15 minutes by car.


I don’t know if you had regular church this past Sunday but we had none. We had a temple dedication for the Brigham City Temple that got broadcast to our stake center.  It was so cool, I enjoyed it.  


No comments:

Post a Comment