Monday, April 2, 2012

Conference and a Christian Pastor

This week was great!  So conference weekend was so uplifting!

Saturday we went to a member’s home and watched both sessions.  Elder Mariner went downtown for the Priesthood session.  So I went with Elder Sehestedt to one of his stake centers to watch it with him and his investigator Hunter who is getting baptized on the 14th.  Then Sunday we went to a member’s house who fed us waffles with ice cream on top for breakfast and another member’s house for lunch and the afternoon session.  We got to watch it with our investigator Brian.  He is my favorite investigator.  Now I know what you’re thinking, either "that’s not nice to have a favorite" or "You like him because of his name..." Which I do but that’s not why.  He asks such good questions.  He is logical and wants to know why things are the way they are which is exciting because we use scriptures and he knows that it makes sense.  He doesn't ask questions just to get us confused.  

This week we are starting discussions with two couples.  I am nervous and excited.  One is an evangelical pastor and his wife.  They seemed really cool.  Another is a Christian pastor and his wife.  I should have a good week, if not some good stories for you.

Tomorrow is transfer calls and I find out if I am getting transferred or what is happening.  No one knows what will happen.  The Presidents Assistants told us that this transfer is going to be like none other.  I can see Elder Mariner and I getting split and one of us taking 1 of our 3 stakes and the other one taking the other 2 and both of us getting new companions.  But I really have no clue.

Easter Sunday is coming up and I am excited!  Oh yeah, our mission had 194 baptisms this month.... We were 6 away from our goal of 200!

Well I love you,
Love,
Elder Willis

No comments:

Post a Comment